May 27, 2021
It’s exciting to be in the planning stages of reopening!
As promised in the previous email, here is more information regarding the hybrid reopening process for next term, which begins on Monday, June 28th. Further info will be sent out at a later date regarding the August 30th full reopening.
We want everyone to feel safe in coming back to in-person classes. After you read this email in full, feel free to ask any questions and/or voice any concerns to the school administration. Please know that we will do our part to follow procedures to help ensure that everyone is safe and remains healthy to the best of our ability.
Following are some of those procedures:
- All in-person students, faculty and staff will be required to have completed one of the three CDC approved vaccines at least two weeks before entering the building.
- Vaccine Proof – Please begin emailing a scan or a clear photo of your vaccination card to Alex Aves at email@example.com
For information regarding where to get vaccinated in Los Angeles, please follow this link: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/ncorona2019/vaccine/hcwsignup/
For information on where to get vaccinated in other parts of the US please use this tool: https://www.vaccines.gov/
- The prop and costume rooms will remain closed and locked. There will be no exceptions.
- A sanitizing station will be placed in every room.
- Social distancing will still be required in classes.
- Please note that “shared” kitchen items will no longer be made available. Please bring all needed eating utensils from home, and return them home for washing after each use.
- If you are feeling “under the weather,” we require that you stay at home and participate in class via Google Meets (online).
- Class sizes will be kept to 10 students and under.
Following is a description of the hybrid program for the Summer Term beginning June 28th:
Classes will meet partly in-person, partly online.
- If a class meets twice per week: it will meet once a week in-person, once a week will be online through Google Meet.
- If a class meets three times per week: it will meet twice per week in-person, once per week online through Google Meet.
- There is the possibility of certain classes meeting fully in-person due to the nature of the work in class, and other classes continuing fully online. These will be marked on the schedule when it is released.
- It is not possible to take a hybrid class completely online.
If you are a current student, please contact Alex Aves to let her know your plans regarding enrollment in the Summer Term, which begins June 28th: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you! We look forward to seeing all of you in-person, and welcoming you back to Your Creative Home!
John Jack, Wendy and Alex
Please join our mailing list for updates.
Contact Us with Any Questions!
6773 Hollywood Blvd., 2nd Fl.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 469-6049 FAX